ORiON Production Interface (OPI Unit)
The Nexas OPI Unit is designed to be connected to most CNC machine tool controllers to enable wireless DNC and machine monitoring. The current version, called the OPI 3.0 allows for Gigabit Ethernet, dual serial ports and a bar code interface. An OPI 3.0 has also been made for a special application related to automated tool offset loading with a USB barcode reader.
As well, the OPI can also work as a CNC network bridge. In that mode the CNC Ethernet port goes to the OPI LAN port, which then uses the OPI's Wifi connection to bridge to the corporate part program server. This OPI network bridge feature is useful for modern CNCs that have LAN network connectivity, but not wireless (e.g. Fanuc, Mazak, Haas, Yasnac, etc).
- The OPI is easy to install with a dual magnetic mount (22lb pull)
- Easy to configure with browser interface management
- DNC capability (including protocols) is embedded
- Gigabit LAN & 802.11 B/G/N Wifi Support ... and now dual Band AC Support
- Built-in Linux with SAMBA server support for mapping of drives
- 8 Gigs of factory nonvolatile SD Flash media (expandable)
- Also supports 2 external USB 2.0 ports
- High speed RS232 serial support for CNC file loading & DNC drip feeding (1 & 2 port versions)
- The OPI can take 7-30VDC for incoming power supply (the usual is 24VDC for most controls with HAAS being 12VDC that we handle as well). Note that Fanuc is plug 'n play with the OPI line...
The OPI Gateway can be act as a local internal data server, bar code interface or a Gateway Relay.
Green Light Production Monitoring
The Nexas Green Light System is a simple technique to monitor the normal stack light production signals (or equivalents) - namely InCycle (Green), Idle (Amber) and Alarm (Red). Our Nexas "Tool Power Sensor" soon to be available, will allow us to add Tool Life Management to the Spindle Utilization data that can be collected.
The OPI unit can also be used for DNC file loading and at the same time leverage the 8 optically isolated inputs to achieve this real time monitoring. Our goal is a simple economical MTConnect adapter that enables all your legacy machines to be compatible & online.
- Local MTConnect adapter for legacy machines
- Data can be sent out to our Gateway via sockets
- Virtual Stack light history
- Browser-based mobile reporting is available
- Realtime data can be sent to ERP or e-mail
- Supports kanban boards, tablets, smart phones
- Reporting options are unlimited ...
The OPI Gateway acts a data hub for multiple OPI Units (one in each machine tool). This Gateway can be act as a local data server (for browser support in the plant) or as a Gateway & Data Relay to a our Cloud Server for secure IIoT applications.
CNC Memory Upgrades
The Nexas leadership started over 20 years ago with Fanuc CNC Memory Upgrades and helped design and install the other controllers like Yasnac. We still have memory upgrades for all the Fanuc 6, 9, 10, 11,12, 0,15,16,18 etc controls, and even have BTRs (Tape Reader Replacements) for the older Fanuc controllers if needed.
That said, we are the only company servicing the Yasnac J300 with a Memory Upgrade kit. We handle the Yasnac MX/LX1/2/3, i80 and J300 as well. We also supply many other upgrades for the CNCs on your factory floor with leading edge products & service.
- Almost all Fanuc & Yasnac memory upgrades offered
- Fanuc 6/9/11/12 Bubble Memory Units
- Fanuc 10, 0 & 15 memory upgrade kits
- Fanuc 16/18 A/B/C memory upgrade modules
- Fanuc 16/18/15/21 i A Series memory upgrades
- Yasnac MX/LX 1/2/3 & i80 memory upgrades
- Unique Yasnac J300 Series Memory Upgrade Kits
- Behind the Tape Reader (BTR) for older CNC controllers that replace tape readers to enable serial loading of part programs or dripfeeding
- Option & Parameter optimization - CNC parts
- End-User Installable Kits
Add more capability and reduce setup times with the legacy memory upgrade that you always wanted. Call us before you call the OEM or even the Dealer.
Call our Nexas Sales line today at 905-581-3718 to learn about ways to optimize your factory floor with our IIoT - Industrial Internet of Things - technology.
Note we are moving August 1, 2018 to the new address below.
E-Mail and phone numbers will stay the same.
Nexas DNC Solutions Overview:
Nexas has DNC solutions for almost all the machine tool controllers out there - including Fanuc, HAAS, Yasnac & Siemens. Other controllers we have connected to include Mazak, Heidenhain, Amada, Milltronics, TRAKs, Mitsubishi, OKUMA, GE and a host other names. Our primary discrete manufacturing markets are aerospace, automotive, job shop & production shops - with wood working and many other miscellaneous industries that use machine tools also in there.
We even have DNC firmware upgrades for Fanuc 0 controllers (if the OEM didn’t enable DNCI) and Fanuc 3 controls unique so that they can drip feed programs in. Most of the custom protocols we have embedded into our older DNC software, but so far we have only the Fanuc, Siemens, FOCAS, MTConnect and Mazak CMT in the OPI. We do not have the Heidenhain FE1, FE2, EXT or LSV2 embedded in our OPI yet, but we are working on it using TNCRemote as our base.
So with our wireless OPI Units we can handle almost every combination:
- The newer machines that have Ethernet with our mapped drive feature
(e.g. Fanuc i series, Mazak Fusion and up, OKUMA 700 and up, newer NGC HAAS controllers with NETDRIVE, etc);
- The older ones with Ethernet that need an FTP server (Fanuc 16/18 Models B & C);
- The ones that use serial – Fanuc 6, 9, 11, 12, 0, 15, 16, 18 & 21 – Yasnac i80, J50 & J300 – older OKUMA – Siemens 840C/D etc - and most other machines out there;
- We support even older machines that need BTRs (we have our own for Fanuc, Sanyo Denki, Remex, EECO and Decitek tape reader emulation);
- And we have special cases like Heidenhain that we embed TNCRemote into our box or other protocols like Mazak CMT…
The principals of Nexas have been in the DNC market for over 25 years now and worked with many partners, Today we are moving into the Machine Data Collection (MDC) field with our latest OPI V4 model. It has 4 analog inputs to capture machine condition information (like a stack light) and pass it up to a database and dashboard. At the moment do some reporting ourselves, but for more elaborate systems we partner with other software vendors to make this happen. Our Node.js based OPI boxes are designed however to supply data to any system with JSON or XML based MTConnect.