--- Your Collaborative Manufacturing Source ---Link to Our "CIM Today" Blog
Wireless DNC Solutions - CNC Memory Upgrades for Fanuc, Yasnac, Mazak & Mitsubishi
Machine Monitoring - Fanuc Ladder Service
Excellerant DNC & MDC Products Now Integrated
"DPRNT to MTConnect Capable"
For Legacy Machine MTConnect Support
Call Nexas at 905-581-3717 today to
Automate The Automation™
The Excellerant Universal Machine Interface (UMI)
The Nexas Excellerant Universal Machine Interface (OPI-6) is a smart edge device designed to be connected to most CNC machine tool controllers to enable wireless DNC and machine monitoring.
The latest Excellerant version allows for Gigabit Ethernet, dual serial ports, internal option cards, opto-isolated inputs, wireless and wired connectivity, SMB V1.0 to SMB V2.x or 3.x connectivity, and a USB interface (for appliances like bar code readers). The UMI can have various external machine monitoring add-ons to enable I/O pickup of CNC digital operational signals. The UMI is a legacy machine MTConnect adapter.
As well, the UMI can also work as a CNC network bridge. In that mode, the CNC Ethernet port goes to the UMI LAN port, which then uses the UMI's Wifi connection to bridge to the corporate network. This UMI network bridge feature is useful for modern CNCs that have LAN network connectivity, but not wireless
(e.g. some Fanuc, Mazak, Haas, Yasnac, etc). Useful applications include wireless access for Fanuc FOCAS.
The UMI is scalable as can be expanded and redeployed over and over in various machines. A new concept in machine tool connectivity - a CNC co-processor. The latest advances now being tested include development of a vision based machine monitoring system leveraging Augment Reality (AR) for image recognition. AI to soon follow.
- UMI units are easy to install, and come with a magnetic mount plus everything in the kit to do the job
- Easy to configure with browser interface management
- Embedded DNC capability at each machine - like a Fanuc File Server
- Gigabit LAN & 802.11 B/G/N Wifi Support
- Built-in Ubuntu Linux with powerful SAMBA server support for mapping of drives (to and from the UMI) - can solve the older SMB V1.0 Issues for CNC connectivity (security issue)
- 16 Gigs of factory nonvolatile SD Flash media (expandable)
- The UMI has 2 external USB 2.0 ports for peripherals
- RS232 serial support for CNC file loading & DNC drip feeding (2nd serial with UMI Option Card)
- The UMI has flexible power supply options - it can take 7-30VDC for incoming power supply (the usual is 24VDC for most controls, with HAAS being 12VDC). Fanuc is plug 'n play with the UMI line.
The UMI Gateway can be act as a local internal data server, bar code interface or a Gateway Relay to our Cloud Server for secure Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications. Our goal security-wise is to make an ITAR compliant wireless DNC & machine monitoring system.Nexas Excellerant UMI Feature Sheet
Download our latest Published Paper in the Factory Automation and Intelligent Manufacturing Engineering Conference (FAIM2022)
Machine Data Collection (MDC),
Production Monitoring & DNC
Partnering with various software vendors (including now Excellerant, Inc.), we can provide machine monitoring system optimizes the machine cycle times between jobs and uniquely inside the running cycle. The idea is to optimize when jobs are scheduled and watch carefully for inter and intra-cycle IDLE time to optimize production. The software gives an operator and manager visual insight into what is happening in real time.
Our Nexas OPI units are used for machine data collection to enable this optimization and for DNC file loading. Nexas strives to offer a simple economical MTConnect adapter that enables all your legacy machines to be compatible & online. The Excellerant UMI can now accept Fanuc DPRNT serial commands and translate them to MTConnect for Andon presentation and tracking.
- Local MTConnect adapter for legacy machines
- Data can be sent out to our Gateway via sockets
- Andon Displays with tracking timeline in MDC
- Browser-based mobile reporting is available
- Realtime data can be sent to ERP or e-mail
- Supports kanban boards, tablets, smart phones
- MES compatible with rich reporting options...
Excellerant Overview Brochure
The UMI Gateway acts a data hub for multiple UMI Units (one in each machine tool). This Gateway can be act as a local data server (for browser support in the plant) or as a Gateway & Data Relay to any MDC server. We can work most MES Solution Providers for on-premise and cloud-based machine optimization, monitoring, and scheduling applications for instance.Excellerant "Best In Class" Brochure
CNC Memory Upgrades
The Nexas leadership started close to 30 years ago with Fanuc CNC Memory Upgrades and helped design and install the other controllers like Yasnac. We still have memory upgrades for all the Fanuc 6, 9, 10, 11,12, 0,15,16,18 etc controls, and even have BTRs (Tape Reader Replacements) for the older Fanuc controllers if needed.
That said, we are the only company servicing the Yasnac J300 with a Memory Upgrade kit. We handle the Yasnac MX/LX1/2/3, i80 and J300 as well. We also supply many other upgrades for the CNCs on your factory floor with leading edge products & service. We even have OPI Networking solutions for SELCA CNC machines now.
- Most Fanuc memory upgrades offered:
- Fanuc 6/9/11/12 Bubble Memory Units
- Fanuc 10, 0 & 15 memory upgrade kits
- Fanuc 16/18 A/B/C memory upgrade modules
- Fanuc 16/18/15/21 i A Series memory upgrades
- Most Yasnac Series Memory Upgrade Kits:
- Yasnac J300 (to 2 Megs) memory upgrade
- Yasnac i80 (to 2 Megs) memory upgrades
- Yasnac MX3/LX3 (to 1 Meg) memory upgrades
- Yasnac MX1/MX2 & LX1/LX2 memory upgrades as well
- Behind the Tape Reader (BTR) units for older CNC controllers that replace tape readers to enable serial loading of part programs or dripfeeding;
- Option & Parameter optimization - CNC parts
- End-User Installable Kits
Add more capability and reduce setup times with the legacy memory upgrade that you always wanted.
Call us before you call the OEM or even the Dealer.
Nexas Factory Floor Optimization Overview:
Nexas has DNC solutions for almost all the machine tool controllers out there - including Fanuc, HAAS, Yasnac & Siemens. Other controllers we have connected to include Mazak, Heidenhain, Amada, Milltronics, TRAKs, Mitsubishi, OKUMA, GE, Selca, and a host of other types. Our primary discrete manufacturing CNC using markets are aerospace, automotive, job shop & production shops - with woodworking and many other miscellaneous industries included.
We even have unique DNC firmware upgrades for Fanuc 0 controllers (if the OEM didn’t enable the G127.5 "DNCI" bit) and Fanuc 3 (MA & MC) controls so that they can drip feed programs in. Most of the custom protocols we have embedded into Excellerant DNC software. We do not have the Heidenhain FE1, FE2, EXT or LSV2 embedded in our UMI yet, but we are providing it using TNCRemo as our base.
So with our wireless UMI Units we can handle almost every combination:
- The newer machines that have Ethernet with our mapped drive feature (supporting SMB V1.0 to SMB V2/3 translation which is now needed for Win 11)
(e.g. Fanuc i series, Mazak Fusion and up, OKUMA 700 and up, newer NGC HAAS controllers with NETDRIVE, etc);
- The UMI has an FTP server for the older CNCs with Embedded Ethernet (e.g. Fanuc 16/18 Models B & C);
- The UMI is great with almost all serial based CNC machines – Fanuc 6, 9, 11, 12, 0, 15, 16, 18 & 21 – Yasnac i80, J50 & J300 – older OKUMA – Siemens 840C/D, etc;
- We support even older machines that need BTRs (we have our own for Fanuc, Sanyo Denki, Remex, EECO and Decitek tape reader emulation);
- And we have special cases like Heidenhain that we embed TNCRemo into our box or other protocols like Mazak CMT from Excellerant…
The principals of Nexas have been in the DNC market for close to 30 years now and worked with many partners over the years. Today we are continuing to evolve the Machine Data Collection (MDC) field with our latest UMI (OPI-6) model. So today we have partners to help us offer more elaborate machine monitoring solutions in that we handle the machine connectivity and DNC functions - they handle reporting, ERP integration and scheduling.
Also look at our FanucLadder.Com service - we can can extract and produce PDF ladders for your older Fanuc machines. Many do not have written ladder diagrams or they are not easily searchable when needed - our service makes it easy to get this valuable backup & diagnostic resource.
Feel free to call us if you have questions, or need help in anyway.
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +1 (905) 581-3717