Embedded Wireless DNC - AI Machine Monitoring - CNC Memory Upgrades for Fanuc, Yasnac, Mazak & Mitsubishi - Fanuc Ladder Service
Call Nexas at 905-581-3717 Today To
Automate The Automation™
ORiON Production Interface (OPI Unit)
The Nexas OPI Unit is designed to be connected to most CNC machine tool controllers to enable wireless DNC and machine monitoring. The current version, called the OPI-5 allows for Gigabit Ethernet, dual serial ports and a bar code interface. The OPI-5 can have various machine monitoring add-ons - PLCs for I/O pickup of digital and analog I/O. The OPI-5 can interface with 3rd party machine monitoring software as well.
As well, the OPI can also work as a CNC network bridge. In that mode, the CNC Ethernet port goes to the OPI LAN port, which then uses the OPI's Wifi connection to bridge to the corporate part program server. This OPI network bridge feature is useful for modern CNCs that have LAN network connectivity, but not wireless
(e.g. Fanuc, Mazak, Haas, Yasnac, etc). The OPI-5 is your open, Linux-based, smart edge device that is truly a web-enabled, secure client to enable whatever manufacturing optimization applications you have in mind.
- OPI units are easy to install, and come with a fast magnetic mount and everything in the kit to do the job
- Easy to configure with browser interface management
- DNC capability (including protocols) is embedded
- Gigabit LAN & 802.11 B/G/N Wifi Support
- Built-in Ubuntu Linux with powerful SAMBA server support for mapping of drives (to and from the OPI-5)
- 8 Gigs of factory nonvolatile SD Flash media (expandable)
- The OPI-5 has 2 external USB 2.0 ports for peripherals
- High speed RS232 serial support for CNC file loading & DNC drip feeding (2nd serial for Optional Add-in Cards)
- The OPI has flexible power supply options - it can take 7-30VDC for incoming power supply (the usual is 24VDC for most controls, with HAAS being 12VDC). Note that Fanuc is plug 'n play with the OPI line...
The OPI Gateway can be act as a local internal data server, bar code interface or a Gateway Relay to our Cloud Server for secure Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications. Our goal security-wise is to make an ITAR compliant wireless DNC & machine monitoring system.
JITBase AI Production Monitoring
The JITBase AI Based MAchine monitoring system optimizes the machine cycle times between jobs and uniquely inside the running cycle. The idea is to optimize when jobs are scheduled and watch carefully for M00 optional stops to optimize cycle time by leveraging fewer operators to do more. The software gives an operator insight into what will be coming and a countdown timer to see when they will be needed thus reducing wasted IDLE time.
Our Nexas OPI units are used for machine data collection to enable this optimization and for DNC file loading. Nexas strives to offer a simple economical MTConnect adapter that enables all your legacy machines to be compatible & online.
- Local MTConnect adapter for legacy machines
- Data can be sent out to our Gateway via sockets
- Virtual Stack light history
- Browser-based mobile reporting is available
- Realtime data can be sent to ERP or e-mail
- Supports kanban boards, tablets, smart phones
- JITBase compatible with rich reporting options...
The OPI Gateway acts a data hub for multiple OPI Units (one in each machine tool). This Gateway can be act as a local data server (for browser support in the plant) or as a Gateway & Data Relay to any Cloud Server. We are happy to be working with JITBase for an cloud-based AI solution machine optimization and scheduling application for instance.
CNC Memory Upgrades
The Nexas leadership started over 20 years ago with Fanuc CNC Memory Upgrades and helped design and install the other controllers like Yasnac. We still have memory upgrades for all the Fanuc 6, 9, 10, 11,12, 0,15,16,18 etc controls, and even have BTRs (Tape Reader Replacements) for the older Fanuc controllers if needed.
That said, we are the only company servicing the Yasnac J300 with a Memory Upgrade kit. We handle the Yasnac MX/LX1/2/3, i80 and J300 as well. We also supply many other upgrades for the CNCs on your factory floor with leading edge products & service.
- Almost all Fanuc & Yasnac memory upgrades offered
- Fanuc 6/9/11/12 Bubble Memory Units
- Fanuc 10, 0 & 15 memory upgrade kits
- Fanuc 16/18 A/B/C memory upgrade modules
- Fanuc 16/18/15/21 i A Series memory upgrades
- Yasnac MX/LX 1/2/3 & i80 memory upgrades
- Unique Yasnac J300 Series Memory Upgrade Kits
- Behind the Tape Reader (BTR) for older CNC controllers that replace tape readers to enable serial loading of part programs or dripfeeding
- Option & Parameter optimization - CNC parts
- End-User Installable Kits
Add more capability and reduce setup times with the legacy memory upgrade that you always wanted. Call us before you call the OEM or even the Dealer.
Call our Nexas Sales line today at 905-581-3717 (or reach out with firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn about ways to optimize your factory floor with our IIoT - Industrial Internet of Things - technology.
Nexas DNC Solutions Overview:
Nexas has DNC solutions for almost all the machine tool controllers out there - including Fanuc, HAAS, Yasnac & Siemens. Other controllers we have connected to include Mazak, Heidenhain, Amada, Milltronics, TRAKs, Mitsubishi, OKUMA, GE and a host other names. Our primary discrete manufacturing markets are aerospace, automotive, job shop & production shops - with woodworking and many other miscellaneous industries.
We even have DNC firmware upgrades for Fanuc 0 controllers (if the OEM didn’t enable the "DNCI" bit) and Fanuc 3 controls unique so that they can drip feed programs in. Most of the custom protocols we have embedded into our older DNC software, but so far we have only the Fanuc, Siemens, FOCAS, MTConnect and Mazak CMT in the OPI. We do not have the Heidenhain FE1, FE2, EXT or LSV2 embedded in our OPI yet, but we are working on it using TNCRemote as our base.
So with our wireless OPI Units we can handle almost every combination:
- The newer machines that have Ethernet with our mapped drive feature
(e.g. Fanuc i series, Mazak Fusion and up, OKUMA 700 and up, newer NGC HAAS controllers with NETDRIVE, etc);
- The older ones with Ethernet that need an FTP server (Fanuc 16/18 Models B & C);
- The ones that use serial – Fanuc 6, 9, 11, 12, 0, 15, 16, 18 & 21 – Yasnac i80, J50 & J300 – older OKUMA – Siemens 840C/D etc - and most other machines out there;
- We support even older machines that need BTRs (we have our own for Fanuc, Sanyo Denki, Remex, EECO and Decitek tape reader emulation);
- And we have special cases like Heidenhain that we embed TNCRemote into our box or other protocols like Mazak CMT…
The principals of Nexas have been in the DNC market for over 25 years now and worked with many partners over the years. Today we are continuing to evolve the Machine Data Collection (MDC) field with our latest OPI-5 model. So today we have partners (like JITBase) to help us offer more elaborate machine monitoring solutions in that we handle the machine connectivity and DNC functions - they handle reporting, ERP integration and scheduling.
Also look out for our new FanucLadder.Com (FLC) service coming - we can extract and produce PDF ladders for your older Fanuc machines. Many do not have written ladder diagrams or they are not easily searchable when needed - our FLC service makes it easy to get this valuable backup & diagnostic resource.
Feel free to call us if you have questions, or need help in anyway.
Thank You - Tom Gaasenbeek
E-Mail : email@example.com
Direct Line: +1 (905) 581-3718