Link to Our "CIM Today" Blog
Wireless DNC Solutions - CNC Memory Upgrades for Fanuc, Yasnac, Mazak & Mitsubishi -
Machine Monitoring Gathering & Reporting Solutions
Now CNC MDC Support for MDC packages that have MTConnect Data Feeds
"DPRNT to MTConnect Capable"
Used For Legacy Machine MTConnect Support
Call Nexas at 905-581-3717 today to
Automate The Automation™
The ORiON Production Interface (OPI Unit)
The Nexas ORiON Production Interface (OPI) is a smart edge device designed to be connected to most CNC machine tool controllers to enable wireless DNC and machine monitoring.
The latest OPI-6 version allows for Gigabit Ethernet, dual serial ports, internal option cards, opto-isolated inputs, wireless and wired connectivity, SMB V1.0 to SMB V2.x or 3.x connectivity, and a USB interface (for appliances like bar code readers). The OPI can have various external machine monitoring add-ons to enable I/O pickup of CNC digital operational signals. The OPI is also a legacy machine MTConnect adapter.
As well, the OPI can also work as a CNC network bridge. In that mode, the CNC Ethernet port goes to the OPI's Gigabit LAN port, which then uses the OPI's 802.11N Wifi connection to bridge to the corporate network. This OPI network bridge feature is useful for modern CNCs that have LAN network connectivity, but not wireless
(e.g. some Fanuc, Mazak, Haas, Yasnac, etc). Useful applications include wireless access for Fanuc FOCAS, and DNC, or even local FTP, at the same time.
The OPI is scalable as can be expanded and redeployed over and over in various machines. A new concept in machine tool connectivity - a CNC co-processor. The latest advances now being tested include development of a vision-based machine monitoring system leveraging Augment Reality (AR) for image recognition. We are looking at AI augmentation to soon follow. We are "Future Ready" with this leading edge CNC connectivity solution.
The Nexas ORiON (OPI Unit) Feature Sheet Link
- OPI units are easy to install, and come with a magnetic mount plus everything in the kit to do the job
- Easy to configure with browser interface management
- Embedded DNC capability at each machine - like a Fanuc File Server
- Gigabit LAN & 802.11 B/G/N Wifi Support
- Built-in Ubuntu Linux with powerful SAMBA server support for mapping of drives (to and from the OPI) - can solve the older SMB V1.0 Issues for CNC connectivity (security issue)
- 16 Gigs of factory nonvolatile SD Flash media (expandable)
- The OPI has 2 external USB 2.0 ports for peripherals
- RS232 serial support for CNC file loading & DNC drip feeding (2nd serial with OPI Option Card)
- The OPI has flexible power supply options - it can take 7-30VDC for incoming power supply (the usual is 24VDC for most controls, with HAAS having 12VDC. Fanuc is plug 'n play with the OPI line.
The OPI Shop Floor Gateway can act as a local internal data server, bar code interface or a Gateway Relay to our Cloud Server for secure Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications. Our goal security-wise is to make an ITAR-compliant wireless DNC & machine monitoring system.Nexas Excellerant UMI Feature Sheet
Download our latest Published Paper in the Factory Automation and Intelligent Manufacturing Engineering Conference (FAIM2022)Text LinkText Link
Machine Data Collection (MDC),
Production Monitoring & DNC
Partnering with various software vendors, we can provide machine monitoring systems that optimize machine cycle times. The idea is to optimize when jobs are scheduled and watch carefully for inter and intra-cycle IDLE time to optimize production. The software gives an operator and manager visual insight into what is happening in real time.
Our Nexas OPI units are used for machine data collection to enable this optimization and for DNC file loading. Nexas strives to offer a simple economical MTConnect adapter that enables all your legacy machines to be compatible & online. The OPI can now accept Fanuc DPRNT serial commands and translate them to MTConnect for Andon presentation and tracking.
The MDC/DNC software acts a data hub for multiple OPI Units (one in each machine tool). Our CNC Gateway can act as a local data server (for browser support in the plant) or as a Gateway & Data Relay to any MDC server. We can work most MES Solution Providers for on-premise and cloud-based machine optimization, monitoring, and scheduling applications for instance.
CNC Memory Upgrades
The Nexas leadership started close to 30 years ago with Fanuc CNC Memory Upgrades and helped design and install the other controllers like Yasnac. We still have memory upgrades for all the Fanuc 6, 9, 10, 11,12, 0,15,16,18 etc controls, and even have BTRs (Tape Reader Replacements) for the older Fanuc controllers if needed.
That said, we are the only company servicing the Yasnac J300 with a Memory Upgrade kit. We handle the Yasnac MX/LX1/2/3, i80 and J300 as well. We also supply many other upgrades for the CNCs on your factory floor with leading edge products & service. We even have OPI Networking solutions for SELCA CNC machines now.
- Most Fanuc memory upgrades offered:
- Fanuc 6/9/11/12 Bubble Memory Units
- Fanuc 10, 0 & 15 memory upgrade kits
- Fanuc 16/18 A/B/C memory upgrade modules
- Fanuc 16/18/15/21 i A Series memory upgrades
- Most Yasnac Series Memory Upgrade Kits:
- Yasnac J300 (to 2 Megs) memory upgrade
- Yasnac i80 (to 2 Megs) memory upgrades
- Yasnac MX3/LX3 (to 1 Meg) memory upgrades
- Yasnac MX1/MX2 & LX1/LX2 memory upgrades as well
- Behind the Tape Reader (BTR) units for older CNC controllers that replace tape readers to enable serial loading of part programs or dripfeeding;
- Option & Parameter optimization - CNC parts
- End-User Installable Kits
Add more capability and reduce setup times with the legacy memory upgrade that you always wanted.
Call us before you call the OEM or even the Dealer.
Nexas Factory Floor Optimization Overview:
Nexas has DNC solutions for almost all the machine tool controllers out there - including the common ones of Fanuc, HAAS, Yasnac & Siemens. Other controllers we have connected to include Mazak, Heidenhain, Amada, Milltronics, TRAKs, Mitsubishi, OKUMA, GE, Selca, Mazak and a host of other types. Our primary discrete manufacturing CNC using markets are aerospace, automotive, job shop & production shops - with woodworking and many other miscellaneous industries included.
We even have unique DNC firmware upgrades for Fanuc 0 controllers (if the OEM didn’t enable the G127.5 "DNCI" bit) and Fanuc 3 (MA & MC) controls so that they can drip feed programs in. Most of the custom protocols we have embedded into external DNC software. We do not have the Heidenhain FE1, FE2, EXT or LSV2 embedded in our OPI yet, but we are providing connectivity using TNCRemo.
So with our wireless ORiON OPI Units we can handle almost every combination:
- The newer machines that have Ethernet with our mapped drive feature (supporting SMB V1.0 to SMB V2/3 translation, which is now needed for Win 11)
(e.g. Fanuc i series, Mazak Fusion and up, OKUMA 700 and up, newer NGC HAAS controllers with NETDRIVE, etc);
- The OPI has an FTP server for the older CNCs with Embedded Ethernet (e.g. Fanuc 16/18 Models B & C);
- The OPI is great with almost all serial CNC machines – Fanuc 6, 9, 11, 12, 0, 15, 16, 18 & 21 – Yasnac i80, J50 & J300 – older OKUMA – Siemens 840C/D, etc;
- We support even older machines that need BTRs (we have our own for Fanuc, Sanyo Denki, Remex, EECO and Decitek tape reader emulation);
And then even more optimization for the factory floor:
- We have a range of CNC Battery Replacement Units (BRUs) that are Lithium high-capacity rechargeable packs that cover the 3.0, 3.6, 4.5, & 6VDC common single use batteries;
- And we have special cases like Heidenhain that we embed TNCRemo into our box, or other protocols - like Mazak's CMT - that we enable leveraging our software partners...
The principals of Nexas have been in the DNC market for close to 30 years now and worked with many partners over the years. Today, we are continuing to evolve the Machine Data Collection (MDC) field with our latest OPI-6 model. So today we have partners to help us offer even better machine monitoring solutions that cover machine connectivity, DNC, networking, protocols, security, reporting, ERP integration and scheduling.
Finally, consider our Fanuc Ladder service. We can extract and produce PDF ladders for your Fanuc machines if you supply the digital backup file to us from a MEM card or a serial download in the PMC screen (on your Fanuc controls from the last 20 years). Many do not have ladder diagrams with the machine, or they are not easily searchable like a PDF when needed. Our service makes it easy to get this valuable backup & diagnostic resource.
Feel free to call us if you have questions or need help in any way.
Call us today...
E-Mail : email@example.com
Sales Phone: +1 (905) 581-3717
Support Cell: +1 (289) 933-8503